The Sweet Life



The Sweet Life

This site is dedicated to my super supportive honey, friends and family who, like my addiction for sugar, have been constants in my ever-changing and crazy adventures. They are a simple reminder of how blessed and how sweet my life truly is!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

This year, it was my resolution to decorate a cake at least once a month to develop my skill and experience.  My mom’s birthday was in January, and although she lives on Guam; I wanted to celebrate her life here in Hawaii with a little cake.  The colors were inspired by the acrylic plate the cake is on that I got on sale at Target.  I wanted it to have a cloth-like appearance, because my mom is a seamstress.  So, I designed a cake with ruffles.  A peony flower is ruffly and because of its size, just one alone can make a pretty big statement.  So I decided it was a good opportunity to practice making the flower for the cake.  I ended up with something that looked like a hat.  Go figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment